1. Development of the standard interface of the protection system based on DEW and various study of distribution system operation technology
지원 : 한국전력공사 전력연구원
기간 : 2017. 10 ~ 2020. 07 (34 month)
참여기관 : 아주대학교, 홍익대학교, Alabama A&M Univ.
Due to the renewable energy integrated into distribution system, it is necessary to improve current distribution system operation technology. Distributed Engineering Workstation (DEW) software is used to develop the standard interface of the protection system. Furthermore, the project includes Various study of distribution system operation technology as below:
- Development of the standard interface of the KEPCO protection coordination program based on DEW including HMI connection and performance analysis
- Study on the effective grounding(IEEE 142) of distribution system by integrating large amount of DER generation
- Study on Transient Over-Voltage (TOV) issues in distribution system by integrating large amount of DER generation when ground fault occurs on the line
- Study on the Reliability Index by integrating DER generation into distribution system
- Development of the fault calculation in distribution system by considering DER generation as voltage source and current source and comparison of their differences
- Study on advanced distribution system analysis technology
2. Optimal microgrid design
The Distributed Energy Resources Customer Adoption Model (DER-CAM) is used to determine the optimal size and type of distributed energy resources (DERs) and their operating schedules for a sample utility distribution system. Using the DER-CAM results, an evaluation is performed to evaluate the electrical performance of the distribution circuit if the DERs selected by the DER-CAM optimization analyses are incorporated. Results of analyses regarding the economic benefits of utilizing the optimal locations identified for the selected DER within the system are also presented
3. Development of community energy service market and management platform
지원 : 한국산업기술진흥원
기간 : 2018. 10. 01 ~ 2020. 09. 30 ( 2 years )
참여기관 : Power21, 아주대학교
- Development operation algorithm of EMS
The operation algorithm of EMS is divided into Load Agg, REG Agg and ESS Agg by type of target resources. Because the overall objective of EMS operation is participation into energy market, basic objective function of each EMS is enhancement of profit for both EMS operator and resource owner.
- Development interoperability technology of each EMS
Develop interoperability technology between each EMS to operate more efficient EMS and maximize profit. Interoperable technology can increase economic value when participating in trading platform. For this, analyze the available operation scheme for each configuration such as Load – ESS or REG – ESS. Judgment on whether each configuration is possible follows the economic value and the rules of the current electricity market. Finally, we derive the interconnection plan and calculate expected profit according to each combination.
4. Development of a service platform for trading and sharing excess electricity on residential houses
지원 : 한국에너지기술평가원
기간 : 2019. 05. 01 ~ 2022.04.30 (3 years)
참여기관 : 한국전자통신연구원, (주)헤리트, (주)네오텍, 서강대학교, 아주대학교, 강원도청, 삼척시청, (사)한국에너지융합협회
According to the activation of the concept of prosumer and spread of Distributed Energy Resources(DERs) including ESS and Renewable Energy, Service platform is required for P2P trading and energy sharing services. Residential houses can trade excess electricity through the service platform that we develop and residential houses get a benefit from P2P trade.
- Develop PV generation and load forecasting algorithm
- Develop pricing algorithm for P2P trade
- Develop P2P trading matching algorithm
- Develop P2P trading fee calculation
- Develop penalty of a breach of contract calculation
5. Research on securing method of operational stability and economic feasibility of MG system in Vietnam industrial complex
지원 : 한국전력공사 전력연구원
기간 : 2019. 09. 16. ~ 2020. 08. 20. (11 month)
According to increasing number of REG which integrated with existing power system, the problem with insufficient capacity accommodate REG is getting serious and at the same time, ensuring more benefit is important to draw customers to install REG. In this context, this project focuses on P2P energy trading to deal with it.
Based on the concept of P2P energy trading, Developing four algorithms which deplicted below is our initial objective. Demonstrating these algorithms on the Vietnam industrial complex by applying that on the EMS on industrial area is next objective. Expanding and applying on domestic industrial complex is our final objective.
- Correlation analysis of 4 types of demand, power generation, weather, and process history
- Development of optimal demand prediction model and algorithm for industrial complex in Vietnam
- Development of trading model and trading price calculation algorithm between MGs
- Development of market operation model for domestic application of MG EMS platform
6. Development prosumer P2P energy trading platform with blockchain technology, big data analysis and AI algrithm
지원: 정보통신산업진흥원 (NIPA)
기간: 2020.4 ~ 2024.12 (5 years)
참여기관: 전자부품연구원, 한국생산기술연구원, 주식회사 애니트, 주식회사 블로코, 한국산업기술대학교, 아주대학교
7. Development of customized energy management technologies and services using IoT-based energy big data collection and AI algorithm
지원 : 정보통신산업진흥원 (NIPA)
기간 : 2020. 05 ~ 2022. 12 (3 years)
참여기관 : (주)아미텍, 전자부품연구원, 아주대학교